World Leaders in Strategic Management
Powered by Systems Thinking
Why are we the world leaders? No other strategic management, planning, or change consultant or firm uses Systems Thinking as their approach to Strategic Management. When we refer to Strategic Management, we're talking about the broader areas of Planning, People, Leadership, and Change that Delivers Customer Value.
The Unique Benefits of The Systems Thinking Approach®:
- It provides the only "Universal and Integrated Organizing Framework and Language" for leading planning and Enterprise-Wide change in an integrated, holistic fashion – the primary job of leaders.
- It's a simple, step-by-step (ABCs) framework that anyone can pick up in 15 minutes or less. It can change your orientation to life, work and implementation of strategic management.
- Our Approach is a holistic view of the organization as a system, comprised of multiple parts, people and subsystems, based in part on the Baldrige Systems Criteria for Performance Excellence.
- It focuses on the relationships between departments and divisions and helps you identify strategies that cut across all them for a unified planning and change approach.
- It's a better way of thinking and planning. The Systems Thinking Approach® starts with the future and works backwards to today. It's "The Natural Way the World Works."
- Backwards Thinking begins with the end in mind (your desired outcomes) instead of with a Current State Assessment, where most other strategic planning efforts start. After all, if you don't know where you're going, how will you know which road to take?
- It's based on completing a full Future Environmental Scan at the beginning of the process, using our proprietary SKEPTIC Framework.
- Our approach includes is a Yearly Strategic Management System and Cycle that guides the day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month, and year-to-year activities of an organization.
- We train you to cascade the process down to the lowest levels in your organization because we know that people support what they help create. This process ties into all human resource functions.
- We are experts in Knowledge Transfer and always include developing an organization and certifying its internal strategic management cadre through this process.
Our Extensive and Ongoing Research Includes:
Finally, we have done extensive research in both Strategic Management and Systems Thinking, including:Systems Thinking:
- The Systems Thinking Approach® is based on 50 years of scientific research led by four Nobel Prize winners from the Society for General Systems Research (GST), now known as The International Society for the Systems Sciences (ISSS).
- We maintain a World-Wide Portal with a continuous perspective on how 150+ firms are applying Systems Thinking in some form or other.
- We have studied the world's best thinkers in various areas of systems thinking, comparing their research and concepts with ours.
- We have researched over 27 Strategic Planning and Enterprise-Wide Change experts and their processes vs. our Systems Thinking Approach® to Strategic Management
- Lastly, we have researched over 29 experts and their books in the area of Leadership Development Systems in order to see how leadership in Strategic Management is viewed. Not one had a Systems Thinking Approach®.